Sunday 27 November 2011

Work In Progress 1/24 Ferrari 360 Modena

It's well over for GBWC 2011, cash in the prize money happily and lost it when I accidently dropped my wallet after collecting my Harute Booster from the competition...AAARRGGGHHH!!! ....was only able to get 2 SD kits using the prize money ...what an unlucky day ...

Anyway, life goes on, and so does modelling. In conjuction of ZeroGunz.com forum's X'mas Group Build,  2 friends of mine is doing a car for this particular GB, Ronnie Phoon and Becky Law. Since I was thinking of not touching gunpla for the time being, well why not build a car and having a 3 way face off with Ronnie and Becky.. as Ronnie always said " Sharing is Caring", so lets share and care for each other in this non official 3P build..

I will be building this...Tamiya Ferrari 360 Modena (adnd so is Ronnie). This kit is produced in 2000, well over 11 years ago. The molding is good and fitting is slightly on the down part.


The seam was quite well hidden and not very noticable except for the oil cap (presumming it is the oil cap, hope I m not wrong).  Took some time to cut out the cap to cover the seam...actually I tot the manual indicated the cap is in Orange (manual bit fuzzy) and I tot since I m going to putty it might as well separated it for coloring...only now I realised the cap is black ..oh well..

The last 2 pics, is an example of the real engine serve as reference in the painting process


 

No comments:

Post a Comment