Wednesday 3 August 2011

WIP 1/100 Char's used Zaku II

Its been a long long time I haven't post any WIP due to heavy workload schedule and now currently being transfered to a "very far away place" and just had my hostel room refurbished to my workplace yesterday nite (of course bring all my modelling stuff along hehehe) . 

As most of my friends here knows, I just find old retro kits interesting, instead of some newer version kits, So I decided to do a very old kit from the Gundam 1979 series, Char's Red Comet Zaku II., just wanna see what can I make out of this very simplicity kit. Well,here is the snapfitted kit which took me less than 1 hour fitting





The basic plan is to add some panel lines, applying a posable waist and getting it a "slimming program"(neo style)..

Starting from the head, in order to enable the mono eye to be able to move from side to side, I have to enlarge
 
the insertion part of the part of the Zaku helm part. Draw the desired portion with marker 


then proceed with drilling holes


and smooth with electric router.
Next, I just want the head to have a slimmer outlook so with limited resources, I used a masking tape as a guide to sawing of 1 mm on both pat of the head part( fyi this Zaku is a 2 piece combined with a pretty seamline in the middle)
Now to have a more realistic mono eye, I decided to use a metal part and will place a reflection holographic aurora after its done, drilling the hole according to the metal part with extreme care and viola you have a metal part mono eye!!! 

In order to have the mono eye move sideward, I used a polycap and used pla plate to make a holder







lastly, snap the Zaku helm piece together and this is what you got...
and before going to sleep (already 430am) had a crazy thought of making theopening of the mono eye a bit narrower and more menacing, cemented a 1 mm pla plated and then calling it a night...actual morning lol..




No comments:

Post a Comment