Wednesday 15 June 2011

Do You Remember Love? Ichigo Hikaru's VF-1J 1/72 from Hasegawa

Do you Remember Love? I just loves this qoute as a title of the Macross movie which actually retell the original Tv series in a different dimension timeline which really doesn't reflect the whole TV series, but has a very close resemblance.

Lynn Minmay, had always been a sweetheart in most Macross fan, which I think surpassed the Macross F, songstress, RankaLee but equivalent status with Sheryl Nome in my own opinion.

Well, Macross had always been a great anime to me. During the 1980's the F-14 Tomcat jet fighter was at the top of the most advance jet fighter and what if, it can turn into a Gerwalk or a bi pedal walking mecha with agility of a trained combatant??? the answer was "The Valkyrie". In Norse mythology, these Valkyrie are depicted as female
figure who has the power to choose who will die in the battle field..sort of a death harbinger...They are also portrayed as lover of heroes in myth.

Last year, while I was searching in a second hand model forum, I accidentally come across a seller who was selling a snapfitted VF-1 model by Hasegawa. I already has a VF-1S Roy Fokker kit from the same manufacturer (actually I liked Roy more than Rick Hunter aka Ichigo Hikaru) but without both of the main character my kit would not be complete..in the market, a new set would cost me RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 100+, yet this seller was selling at RM60 and everything was complete in great condition, only with a few parts which he painted with industrial spray.So without much hesitation I seal the deal.

Within 2 days, the parcel arrived,I'm very satisfied with the kit's condition, just that the painted area seems to have some sign of melted plastic (industrial spray has a higher residue of thinner which could melt model plastic compared to hobby thinner). Then this it become my playmate for 1 week.

I removed the paint with hobby thinner, most came off and the rest I sand it off with abrasives paper. Covered all the seam lines and sand it down. Some panel lines are re scribe due to seam lines covering process. I really admire the level of detail on Hasegawa kits they are just so detail and accurate but the plastic material felt a bit fragile thou.    

Here are some of the pics that I had taken of this kit. Was just using a normal digital camera and from the pics, you could see some "handshaking" effects..hope you will enjoy it...

The box art.









No comments:

Post a Comment