Friday 10 June 2011

NG 1/100 Destiny Gundam

Kicking off for the year 2011 and inconjuction with another interesting Group Build from fellow modellers in ZeroGunz.com, Since the GB is divided into 2 team and deliberately wanted in the Metallic team, and the other hand, its the weathering team.

The Non Grade Destiny is awfully out of proportion, plenty of height modification to bring this kit out from its plum and short condition. I had increased the neck connector by 1 mm using pla-plate. The waist are heighten by 3 mm and so does both legs yet another 3mm.

Doing a metallic kit really needs a lot, I mean really a lot of patience, every parts have to be smooth and clean during and interval of paint job. I currently are using GaiaNotes colors, it has a few advantages:

1) The paint has more resistance to scratches
2) It has very vibrant colors
3) It dissolved in thinner easily(I rarely had clog using GaiaNotes )

Paints sequence, I used gloss black as the base coat.

For the blue, I used cobalt blue with additional of some fluorescent additive from GaiaNotes. Then applied a coat of clear with pearl powder,blue reflection.

For the red, I used GaiaNotes Starbright gold on top of the gloss black base coat .Lastly a Clear Red+small amount of Clear orange and Clear yellow .



No comments:

Post a Comment